Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hopkins Homecoming

So many years since I'd been back! What a beautiful campus, with so many new gorgeous buildings. More like a college campus than high school. Hugo has fallen in love, unfortunately to Marc's chagrin. Hopes of any future Miltonian, or is it Miltonite, are dashed. He's sealed the deal with a maroon 'H' emblazened on his cheek. Surprisingly, and I guess happily (?), it's still steadily on there despite a pretty substantial face wash tonight. Hugo's not terribly bugged at the prospect of its rubbing off since he announced he'll just "get another one when I go there." To boot, his assigned Foote color (children are assigned either grey or maroon upon matriculation at the school) is also maroon, so the Hopkins maroon 'H' is just too good to be true.

Oh, yes, Hugo has also announced he wants to play water polo (we watched a riveting game at the school pool today)... he is, however, concerned since, to quote: "I want to play water polo, but I don't want to be stressed." He must have overheard Marc commenting on what a tough sport it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment