Monday, September 13, 2010

9th Grade and Beyond

Hugo constantly reminds me of how much he looks forward to 9th grade at Foote. For, if he stays, the class takes a trip to Foote's sister school in China. I, on the other hand, am in a state of perpetual denial that first grade - last year it was Kindergarten - will ever end. It's admittedly an ugly, no-win, uphill, inevitable personal struggle. (Yes, he's still wearing largely 3 and 4T button downs which, though it might appear so, is so not a subconscious effort to keep him little bittle. I just can't stand oversized clothes on kids!)

Bedtime tonight was a cute exchange about loving school and ended with:
"Mama, if only the main office had a suggestion box, I'd make the suggestion that Foote continue all the way through 12th grade." I do count my blessings, all the time - and having a little boy who loves his school is a big one.

No comments:

Post a Comment