Friday, November 18, 2011

in utero

En route to school, Peanut asked me to tell me about her birth (which we've done often) and about herself as a baby and about how I wore pink, carried pink, thought pink, screamed pink, prayed pink on the day of my 16 week ultrasound to find out if I were having a second baby boy or a first baby girl...the whole pink thing really gives her a laugh plus she delights in hearing about her mother's dancing, prancing and running up to strangers in the hospital, subway, grocery, just about wherever, to share the good news. So this morning I started out pre-birth and told her all about how I knew when she was sleeping and when she was awake since her kicks let me know. She looked up at me, and said: "Did it hurt, Mama, when I kicked? If it did, I am so so sorry."

1 comment: