Tuesday, January 5, 2010

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1...

Happy New Year! What a fun ringing in of 2010 we had! Day leading up to eve included a beautiful hike in our neighborhood white-blanketed woods.















A delicious grown-up dinner party/kids'jammie party ensued. Bedtime: 3 am.
(Only to be followed the next night by a 1 am bedtime.) ALL well worth it!



















A good start to the new year with the year's first ski trip. Big progress which led to Hugo's closing comment to the day: "Mama, that was my best run yet. Can I do the jumps next time around?" All I have to say is that if he takes after his father, this might be a distinct possibility; if, however, he's more my boy, the chances that we ever cross that bridge are - let's just say - completely nonexistent. At least I've somehow earned the honor of being the "best instructor ever"; if you know me and my relationship to this sport, this is quite a feat. Super proud of Hugo this past trip. He's really got it down now and feels comfortable with and excited about skiing. Portia used the harness, had fun, loved the chairlift and did great. Next trip we'll remove it and let her go. I've found that bribery, if need be, in the way of cookies in the car can be quite successful.









Last but not least, a few memories from 2009.



























1 comment:

  1. love the b/w photo of them on the bridge at new years. looks like you had a lot of fun ringing in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete