If only every day were the 22nd of April. Hugo dined Hugo-style today and is now off in Dreamland undoubtedly reliving a day that started and ended with cupcakes. A PBJ sandwich thrown in for good health measure (like i always say, it's all relative), a few oranges slices that tragically wound up ground-laden (during earth day lunch eaten outside with ninth grade buddies) and were thus rendered inedible; the most highly praised culinary delight was the evening's finale, Hugo's fave lasagna. Three helpings. Three giant helpings. Topped off by a cupcake I thought would surely take the cake. Frosting (seven minute Martha Stewart frosting, by the by, is insanely good and unfortunately, though, shoots your blood glucose levels into the stratosphere which is utterly mysterious what with the 10 cups of sugar and one liter of corn syrup) was crazily well received. Chocolate buttermilk cupcakes got a thumbs down and were left for the poor baker herself to devour. No guilt here, though. I'm so not a taster during prep and was more than deserving of the additional treat. Hadn't been remotely tempted by that luscious frosting or that rich chocolate batter. I mean, batter? For real? Before it's all baked? Who does that?
Legos. Totally not a passing phase. Completely crazy for Legos. He received a generous supply of Legos as gifts- from Yeh Yeh and Nai Nai and Auntie Vivian and Denise. Hugo's now completely independently building Legos designated for 8-12 year-olds with no assistance. Could go with no food, no shelter, no communication for at least 2 days in build mode.
Everyone was so generous! Fabulous gifts include a beautiful globe from Ama and Boppa, cool new threads from Auntie Connie, Uncle Alex and Aunt Jane and Uncle Randy, lots of great games from Auntie Catherine, baseball gear from Aye Lynn and a beautiful new scooter from Peanut. Must not forget the Star Wars trilogy. That was Daddy's doing. Mommy's doing were a couple of Fable books. In retrospect I shouldn't have tried to outshine Marc like that.
It was a perfect day to celebrate six years of my sweetheart's life. Did I mention I'm crazy for you, Chachi? Just know that I am going to carry you to bed and cradle you like a newborn as long as my osteopenic bones permit!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment